20 back-to-school tips for kids and mums
Get ready for class time with these fun steps
Indian school students, it’s time to head back, and we’ve got some easy advice for mums and young ones to help you start the right way.
- Set sleep schedules back to “school time” as early on as you can.
- Keep the kids active with after-school programmes, sign them up right away!
- Visit cultural attractions and museums to get their brains back in “school mode”.
- Encourage your kids to start reading more before school starts.
- Get them back into the routine of managing their activities.
- Download some homework apps for assignments later on.
- Let the kids pick a planner/stationary they like to use in class.
- Create a family calendar to track every member’s commitments
- Go over screen time rules once more to remind them of what they were.
- Establish a set “family time” to get together every day.
- Use a timer to help them focus for certain periods of time.
- Set an alarm daily to signal the start of homework time.
- Discuss what they can expect the first day of school.
- Arrange playdates with two or three friends to rebuild ties.
- Make a plan for organising supplies so nothing will get messy.
- Develop a filing system for each class.
- Remove distractions, like iPads, from homework areas.
- Create a “study area”, which is only to be used for that purpose.
- Keep track of extra-curricular activities to avoid over-scheduling.
- Touch base with teachers and troubleshoot any issues.
We’re wishing all students, and mums, a very happy term ahead.